Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Welcome to the Jungle

Of all the characteristics I have inherited from my mom, my green thumb is one of my favorites (and most useful). My mom's thumb is so green that she has been able to nurse an all-hope-is-lost Walmart clearance aisle plant back to it's original thriving life and one day, if I am called upon, I hope I can do the same!

I demonstrated my skills for keeping plants alive outdoors with my garden last summer and I have already started thinking about what veggies (and berries) I'm going to plant this year. But until then, I want to share the new frond-ly friends that are holding up residence in our recently decorated dining room (and the others that call our abode home as well).

I am pleased to announce the addition of rubber plant and corn plant...



and mother-in-law's tongue (also know as snake plant) and peace lily.



They were happily welcomed into the family by the others who convert carbon dioxide to oxygen, but warned not to hog all the water.









Houseplants can be expensive, depending on how big you buy them, but thanks to a buy-one-get-one-free coupon from an email I received from the Home Depot Garden Club, I was able to get all four newbies for under $20. I have also scored great deals on plants at my local grocery store and Ikea. Anyone else living in a jungle out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question or just want to send a note? Leave it here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails