Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Behr: Paint Your Place

After I posted mock-up photos of my proposed living room colors, I had a couple people ask me how I was able to digitally paint my space. Lucky for me, I own and know how to use photoshop and after a short while, was able to mask off the areas and splash some paint on my walls. While, this isn't helpful for people who don't have access to Photoshop, I do want to share with you a sweet online tool that essentially does the same thing courtesy of Behr. It is called Paint Your Place.


The functions in Behr's gadget are basically the same the same as Photoshop. You start by picking out your paint colors and then choosing to upload your photo or choose from their template photos (which is actually very fun to play with, come on, who has a bath tub placed in the middle of their bathroom? Be real people!).


Once you are at a point when you are ready to buy the paint, you can print out the photo sheet and bring it in to a Home Depot and they can mix up the paint for you. There is even a nifty paint calculator that helps determine how much paint you'll need for the project.


If you don't have time to finish up or want to create a couple different options (to show your husband), create an account and save your projects. Then when you login next time you'll go to your workbook and pick up where you left off or start on a different room.



This is what my room looks like from using the tool. Not too shabby, it definitely gets the idea across!


Has anyone else had some fun with this gadget or want an opinion on their paint color? I'd be happy to help, shoot me an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question or just want to send a note? Leave it here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails