Thursday, June 17, 2010

Love is in the Air

I might be posting today because I'm working on my friend's wedding invitations and I'm feeling a bit nostalgic, but it also might be because I'm seeing a lot of bridal parties doing photo shoots downtown lately. Nonetheless, in the spirit of the wedding season, today I am sharing the invitations that I designed for Justin and myself. A few weeks ago I announced that they were featured on The Snap Flower Girls blog, but even at two years old, I still love them.

Our guests were first informed of the occasion by this lovely save the date. It's hard to tell in this picture, but the item on the far right was a pocket that the save the date card slid into from the top and all you saw when opening the envelope was our names and save the date in the bottom right corner. Since the pocket was a great catchall, we included a copy of our engagement picture too.


A few months later, our guests received the formal invitation


The patterned belly band held the interior cards in place and the front flap closed. To open the package, guests slid the belly band unclasping the front flap, opening up to this.






The last piece of the puzzle were the thank you cards that we sent promptly after our big day. Similar to the save the date, these also featured a pocket but this one was on the end rather than the top, and along with the handwritten gracias, we popped in one of our favorite photos from the wedding.


Has anyone else tackled their own wedding invitations? It seems to be a popular wedding item that brides are DIY-ing these days. Do you have photos of your invitations? I would love to see your handiwork, so email them to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question or just want to send a note? Leave it here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails