Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Best of CS Interiors: Winter 2010

When I casually flipped through CS Interiors Winter 2010 issue a few weeks ago, this quote from Adam Sorkin immediately jumped out at me. I think it suits more than just him, don't you?


And of course, accompanying his spot-on quote, are photos from his verde-licious home located in Chicago's neighborhood of West Andersonville. On the left is his dining room with a green striped FLOR carpet square rug and if you look in the background, you can see a sliver of his kelly green lacquered foyer. On the right is his living room complete with an astroturf rug. No. Joke. Actual astroturf, I wonder what Justin would say...

Photo by Bob Coscarelli, CS Interiors

Then a dozen pages later, this image of Joe Paolucci and Tom Hitchcock's modernist, mid-century patio complete with wire-framed furniture had me at hello. Where can you even find an entire, mint-condition, vintage patio set anyways?

Photo by Tony Soluri, CS Interiors

In the magazine's TRENDS! section there was an impressive display of clear glass terrariums that promise greenery all year round, which is important to me and my fellow chicagoans who bear the bone-chilling winter weather every year. These pear shaped ones from Vivaterra are made from recycled glass and my favs from the assortment.


Also to top the TRENDS! section was a medley of string obsessed items. These two, the flock of swallows mobile and the delta bell strand both from Anthropologie, had my heart swinging from the trees. I love their naturally neutral colors and think the swallow mobile would look amazing hanging above a baby's bed for that modern meets nature look.


One of the best parts of having a Modern Luxury interiors magazine in Chicago is that it features Chicago retailers and designers. I had to include this little guy on my best of list because it is completely unique and unpredictable. This gnome stool/side table was created by Phillipe Starck for Kartell and if you're in the area, you can get it at Orange Skin.


These may just look like decorative blocks of twigs but they are actually big enough to be used as a bench, side table, or coffee table. Any ideas on how to DIY? I'd love one, or two, or three in my foyer.


One of the featured homes in the Winter 2010 issue hails from Caroline Scheeler, the creative director of Jayson Home & Garden. Her living room, embodies pattern, comfort, and, what CS Interiors calls, "global-vintage." I can't believe how put together this room looks with everything that is in there. I love the textures, animal influences, vintage pieces, and brooding color scheme. If only one of the rooms in my house could look like this.

Photo by Tony Soluri, CS Interiors

And last, but not least, I just like how this room's designer used the vertical space to the right of the fireplace to store some firewood. Obviously the fireplace is gas (see the rocks in the fire), so the wood isn't necessary, but it looks natural and provides a great texture/pattern for the space.

Photo by Jememy Bustos, CS Interiors

If I didn't show you enough of CS Interiors Winter 2010 and you want to see it all, click here. I'm interested to hear if someone else has a favorite that didn't make my list.

All photos from CS Interiors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question or just want to send a note? Leave it here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails