Wednesday, December 29, 2010

To The Map!

Justin and I came across these awesome vintage-looking maps at a little shop in the Andersonville neighborhood in Chicago, and now have a Rome street map hanging on our bedroom wall!


We picked the map of Rome to pay a special homage to our Italian honeymoon. (See all our pictures here.)


I love love love the white mat and frame highlighting the map's pastel colors. (This is the white version of the frame I used on this piece.) It is less visually heavy than our previous art and we really couldn't have lucked out with a better match to our room's palette.



As soon as I swapped the new for the old, it lightened the room almost as if it was a breath of fresh art (pun intended). And who can complain about the daily reminder of an unforgettable trip to beautiful Italia? Yeah, that's what I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question or just want to send a note? Leave it here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails