Thursday, December 16, 2010

Anthropologie Calls for Help

When Justin and I were in Starbucks several weeks ago, I was perusing the flyers on the community bulletin board and came across this little number.


The poster is from Anthropologie and basically says that if you are interested in learning how they create their amazing window displays, you can attend a workshop creating their displays for the upcoming holiday season. I worked in retail for several years through high school and college and my first thought when I read this was "ha! they are trying to get free labor by calling their set-change a workshop, what a scam!" and then, as I sipped my venti nonfat chai latte, I thought "who cares if it's free labor! It'll be awesome—I want to go!" Unfortunately, the day I saw the poster was the day the workshop was being held and Justin and I already had plans, so it was a no-go this time. However, I will be frequenting that Starbucks again and I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for another session.

A few days later, my curiosity got the best of me and when I was in the area, I swung by the shop to check out the display. This time, the window seemed quite simple compared to what I've seen in the past, but it still looks like it would have been super fun to help set up.




What do you think? Would you be down for attending a display-making workshop even if it ultimately meant you were providing the retailer free labor?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question or just want to send a note? Leave it here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails