Friday, November 20, 2009

Shop West Elm

When I was in West Elm's store last week, I was swept away with the great goods they have this season. I was also pleased as punch to see that some of their merchandising displays looked like some of my own stuff at home. (Pat on the back to me!)

I love the way they casually stacked these various bedding and bath items on the display shelves. This is such a great way to welcome your guests to your home this season. Imagine a pile of mismatched fluffy towels and extra blankets piled in your guest bedroom. It makes me want to grab the bottom blanket and snuggle up.


Looking for a simple and understated gift for your boss this holiday season? These high-stylin' insect lacquer storage boxes scream sophistication. The organic bug shapes get a dose of glamor in the silver silhouette application and for $12–16 a pop who could go wrong?.


I'll take a silver twig any day. Add some candles and you've got yourself a warm and toasty fire...or, this beautiful manzanita candelabra. Buyer beware, this pretty thing only holds mini taper candles, no big-uns for this one.


Justin will love this one, I saw a handful of faux deer antlers artfully placed around the store during my romp but sadly, they were for display use. If only I had bought one at the vintage store during our Twin Cities exploration, oh wait I did! (See the second photo below, I artfully displayed mine as a centerpiece during the finishing touch stage of my dining room decoranza).



Have I mentioned that I love green? Well, feast your little eyes on this, heaven in the shape of an ultra sleek Parson's desk (with two drawers!). Wouldn't this look lovely in my office? I think so.


I had a faint flashback when I saw this window headboard. It vaguely resembles the desmond screen that I featured in my post about the Jonathan Adler store a few weeks ago. I adore this piece for the same reasons I was drawn to his piece. The negative space that the cutouts create could make extremely interesting patterns especially if it was in front of a wall painted a contrasting color.


The size of these studded wool pillows originally caught my eye (24" square) but what put them on my list of favorites in the store is the coziness of the wool material and the studded detail. The simple addition of the studs ups the impact-ante of these pillows and they are still super comfy!


I smiled when I saw this table scape showcasing the store's seasonal table toppers (dishes, silverware, serve-ware, accessories, etc.). My cousin used sliced tree trunks as cake stands at her wedding and West Elm uses them in their centerpieces this holiday season. If you're looking for a rustic look, tree stumps are the way to go.


The simplicity of these contour line framed pieces adds elegance at the drop of a few DIY pennies. These are easy-peasy to replicate if you are looking for some modish art in your home. With a few classic black or white frames, kraft paper, and various types of string, these could be achieved in less than 15 minutes and they pack a good-clean punch.


Last, but certainly not least, I saw this woven glass hurricane in the clearance section. While it isn't summer anymore, this could easily be filled with some punchy red ornaments to create a beach-ey holiday centerpiece. For those who own a clear glass hurricane already, break out the rest of your hemp roll from the 90s and get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question or just want to send a note? Leave it here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails