Thursday, October 29, 2009

Have cake and eat it too!

Of all of the DIY elements at my cousin's wedding, a few weeks ago, in my opinion (aside from the things I designed) the homemade wedding cake took the - er - cake... When I rounded the corner at the reception all I could say was wow. My cousin's sister (I guess that makes her my cousin too) flew up from Florida for the celebration and was the mastermind behind the dangerously delicious dessert. If my taste buds' memories serve me correct, the cake was not only frosted, but the fondant was super yummy (not at all what I expected since I had been told not to eat fondant because it was gross), there was a layer of caramel, and a layer of brownie. Talk about sinful!



I think the use of decorative fringe pinned in by pearl-ended corsage needles was a super fast and easy, not to mention cool, way to tie in the color palette and add visual interest to the smooth fondant.



The other part that had me at hello were the cake stands. My other cousin, the bride's brother, cut up some wood to make perfectly sized pedestals for the multi-tiered cake. It completely incorporated the autumn theme and everything came full circle with the leaf motif.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question or just want to send a note? Leave it here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails