Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Decoranza II: Green Expectations

I absolutely, unequivocally, love the color green. After purchasing our green couch for the living room, I knew I had to paint at least one more room green (our master bedroom is a sea foam green). Lucky for our dining room, it was the target.

After debating a few different hues, we settled on Grape Leaves by Behr. It is remarkably close to the color of our infamous green couch and I thought it would look great in a room adjacent, but not directly connected, to the living room. This creates flowing cohesion between the two spaces with out the commitment of 20 feet tall green walls (our dining room only has nine foot ceilings).

Now that it is painted, I will admit that I was quite nervous about choosing such a loud color for our dining room. My apprehension grew from the familiarity of seeing insane asylum white walls, but now I couldn't be happier with our decision. It looks amazing and it is definitely a jaw dropper (in a good way) when you enter our home.

Here's the sterile room before:





And now check out the punchy, sour-apple green (I also call Kate Spade green). Isn't it juicy?





I have to say, paint is one of the most affordable ways to provide a fast and easy update to a room. This time, we splurged on Behr's new Premium Plus paint to assure that we would get a nice even coat and at $32 a gallon it was well worth it. In two quick coats, the room had a smooth seamless cover and it only cost $70 buck-a-roos. The next time we paint a room, we will definitely be getting this type again.

2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! I love that new paint by Behr--you're right, it's totally worth the extra $!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks G+D! It was such a breeze to use :)

    ReplyDelete

Do you have a question or just want to send a note? Leave it here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails