Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Birds

Last Saturday morning I was lying in bed waiting for my alarm to go off and suddenly heard rain come pouring down. When it first started, I thought to myself, "Whoa! That was sudden; it must be pretty heavy out there!" So I got up and peeked through the blinds. Expecting to see cats and dogs falling from the sky, I was dumbfounded when I saw nothing; it actually looked relatively inviting for 7 a.m. on Saturday morning. Then I saw them, hundreds of black birds atop our surrounding neighbors' homes.




I stepped back from the window, listened again, trying to make out the small little bird feet scraping across our shingles, but it still sounded like rain so I went downstairs to investigate. Funny enough, when I pulled back our hideous vertical blinds, I saw a couple of neighbors also outside looking to the sky. So not being afraid of a few little birds, I walked out on our patio and looked at our roof.


There weren't many birds left on our room, but the flocks flying around had me back in the house quick. I didn't need live out a scene from The Birds; seeing it on the TV was enough.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome photos. Maybe your roof is warm and that's attracting them.

    ReplyDelete

Do you have a question or just want to send a note? Leave it here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails