Wednesday, February 10, 2010

3.8 Rocks the House

I never thought that I would ever experience an earthquake, but this morning I did. A 3.8 on the richter scale jolted Justin and I awake at 4 a.m. on the dot this morning (3:39:34 a.m. to be exact). The cats jumped and scattered and we looked at each other through our sleepy dazes and asked each other what the heck was that?


The last couple days we have received a dumping of snow (not nearly as much as the east coast), so I thought, ah, it must be a plow coming by but never in my life has a snow plow going past shook the entire structure. Then I thought, did someone drive into our house? And I sent Justin downstairs to check it out. When he got back upstairs he reported that everything looked normal and we went back to sleep. It wasn't until I heard on the radio, on my way to the train, that we had experienced a quake. A rush of anxiety and excitement went through my body and I proceeded to call Justin (45 minutes before he normally gets up), my parents, and his parents to share the news. Justin's parents live about 20 miles northeast of us and his mom said they felt it too. And that's how my, and I'm sure many other people's, morning started today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question or just want to send a note? Leave it here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails