Friday, May 28, 2010

Seeing stars in the future

What are you doing at 10 EST/9 CST on Sunday, June 13? I hope you are saying, "watching HGTV's new season of Design Star," because that's where I'm going to be!


Since Amazing Race and Desperate Housewives have concluded, I can't wait for Design Star to begin so Justin and I can reinstate our Sunday night ritual of watching the tube. Look at these designers, just waiting to have their dreams smashed by the panel of judges (Genevieve Gorder, Candice Olson, and Vern Yip). I love it!


In anticipation of the season premiere, I scoped out the contestants on HGTV's Design Star site and perused their portfolios that scored them a spot in the challenge. Here are a few of my favorites.

Rugged-western cowboy America
(Can anyone guess what retail store this is? I have no idea.)

Nina Ferrer

Relaxing, beachy patio in the city

Julie Khuu

Urban, industrial work space
(I immediately added this to my inspiration folder for my office redo this summer.)

Michael Moeller

Southern comfort, welcoming outdoor oasis

Trent Hultgren

Gotta love color!

Tom Vecchione

Mid-century modern man
(I especially enjoy the window treatment.)

Michael Moeller

Symmetrical sophisticated simplicity
(Say that 5 times fast.)

Michael Moeller

Based on their designs alone, my favorites are Julie Khuu, Michael Moeller, Tom Vecchione, and Trent Hultgren. Also, I'm going to go out on a limb and make an extremely premature prediction for the next HGTV Design Star, I elect Michael Moeller. Who is your favorite to win?

(All photos from HGTV Design Star site.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question or just want to send a note? Leave it here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails