Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Color of Remembrance

Ten years ago today, I sat in class stunned, terrified, and heartbroken as I learned of the horrendous events that occurred and were still occurring in New York City and the Pentagon. Today, as our country unites in remembrance of those who had fallen, I want to create my own entry.

Last week I came across a cool site called The Color Of. The site offers a "system created to find out the colour of anything, by querying and aggregating image data from Flickr...It is an attempt at answering a potentially complex and abstract question in an objective manner, by using simple algorithms on data originating from subjective human perceptions." I always find data-driven art fascinating and today I will remember 9/11 with the following color interpretations created by The Color Of.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question or just want to send a note? Leave it here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails