Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Belated Anniversary to Us!

Even though we celebrated our anniversary on our wedding day (August 2), I wanted to share what we purchased with help from a few celebratory family members (thank you again!).

Unbeknownst to Justin, I had my eye on the ember rug from CB2 for a while.



I love this rug so much that I even used one of my Friday-early-release-from-work days to take the train up to the store to check it out (you know I prefer to see things in person). Unfortunately, they didn't have it in the store, but they did have a similar rug made of the same material and "painted" the same way. I spoke with an associate who owned the ember rug, showed her my paint and fabric swatches, and was assured that the rug would look great in our family room.

It took me about 1.2 hours after my trip to fully form my dire need to get it. I can't say the same for Justin (but he came around eventually). When we finally made it back to the store to look at the comparable rug again (a quick stop on our way to a Cubs game), another associate warned us that if we wanted it we should order it soon since it had been discontinued. We acknowledged her suggestion and went on our way to the game. Later that night, when we were discussing our pending purchase, I opened up Safari to bring up the page on my computer...and it wasn't there! I became frantic, digged up an old catalog, and dialed CB2 up stat. While, we received great service in the store that day, the associate failed to tell us there were only 2 8x10' rugs left. At that point, I didn't hesitate, we had to have that rug.

Here's our family room pre-awesome-rug...





and with the awesome rug.







I can't believe we lived without it for so long. It completes the room and grounds all of the furniture. What a great anniversary present!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question or just want to send a note? Leave it here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails